Contemporary Library Solutions
Law firm operations are in transition and law firm leaders are seizing opportunities to restructure.
Feit Consulting is uniquely positioned to provide unbiased advising to law firm information professionals to assist them in understanding the value of their department and services to serve the firm’s evolving needs, including ways to migrate to fully digital collections in the most cost-effective manner, and how to strategically review the market for outsourced services to supplement in-house skillsets as needed.
Feit Consulting works closely with your firm or organization to first identify the needs and goals of the project at hand.
Each firm and organization is unique, requiring a customized approach and solutions to enhance the law library and improve ROI of resources.
Below are specific library solutions Feit Consulting offers to meet your firm's evolving needs.
Library/Information Service Audit
Our team of experts conduct an evaluation of library operations and the support services the library provides for various departments and practice groups. Receive a detailed plan with clear action steps for improving your law library's services, utilization, and ROI.
Managed Services Evaluator
Should your firm outsource its library? How can your firm be sure it receives an unbiased evaluation of the market and its own operations and services?
Feit Consulting’s expertise and decades of experience in legal information consulting can help your firm successfully navigate to the right solution because we are unbiased. Our data-driven recommendations are agnostic on whether the outcome is in-house or outsourced.
Our Managed Services Evaluator helps firms understand:
- What is the genuine value of your in-house library?
- What is the real cost of your in-house library?
- Is outsourcing an apples-to-apples replacement? Something less? Something more?
- Will my firm reduce costs, increase costs, or simply move them to a different cost center?
To guide an unbiased decision, Feit develops neutral data across these comprehensive review points:
- Attorney/practice group research support
- Current awareness practices
- Nature of suit or litigant profiles
- Cite checking/document retrieval
- Pro bono research support
- CLE/article/presentation preparation
- New business intake due diligence
- Business Development support
- Competitive Intelligence support
- Tools used to support practice groups, business development and competitive intelligence
- Management and performance evaluation of tools procured by library
- Password management
- Collection development & strategy
- Print vs digital
- Routing policies
- Process for purchasing rule books and desk copies
Administration & Process
- Library reporting structure
- Alignment of library initiatives with firm strategic plan
- Library presence on firm’s intranet and website
- Copyright & licensing compliance
- Quality control
- Budget process
- Performance of library
Ready to Enhance Your Law Library?